Wife. Momma. Photographer. Teacher. Runner. Choco+coffeeholic!
I have always loved pictures. My first camera was a pink 110 that I got for my birthday somewhere around 5th grade. We had an instant Polaroid at home which my friends LOVED and soon after I got a 35 mm film camera. Remember when you had to wait weeks before you could see what your pictures turned out like?! Eventually the digital age was upon us and I got my first DSLR in 2010. I’ve never looked back!
Some of my favorite things include…
- Family & friendships ~ its the people that matter! I surround myself with an amazing support group of humans… my favorites including my two littles, JP & Maddie Jane!
- Fitness ~ Founder of LivingFitColumbus.com ~ come run with us!
- Photography ~ hopefully you guessed this one 🙂
- Faith ~ important to my family & want to be a good example for our kids
- For the Home ~ Organizing, list-making, decorating, DIY & Pinterest projects
- Business & Marketing ~ Blogging, writing, social media; I’m also a high school business & entrepreneurship teacher!
- Traveling ~ love seeing the world & capture it all on camera
As a photographer…
- [In my bag] I’m a Nikon girl and I love to shoot wide open! For a long time my favorite lens was my 35 mm, f/1.8, but once I purchased the 50 mm, f/1.4 I fell in love! I shot for my first three years with a Nikon D3000 [don’t ever let anyone tell you a starter camera can’t provide good images!], upgraded to a full frame Nikon D610 in May of 2014 & a D750 in 2019. Although I have several zoom lenses… a prime is my fav!
- [My look] When I first started this journey, I loved very bold, vibrant, high contrast photos. As I evolved and come into a style of my own, my look leaned towards a softer, natural & organic look. I love a creamy, matte finish. I love the artistic side of photography, framing an image in a unique way. I also prefer lifestyle photography – capturing your family as they are, interacting, laughing, as if I am not there. We will still incorporate some traditional, ‘everyone smile and say cheese’ photos as well!
- [Favorite time to shoot] If you’re willing to do your session at sunset, I promise it will be worth keeping the kids up late. The hour after sunrise and the hour before sunset provide amazing, warm light that is like no other time of day. Many refer to this as The Golden Hour or God’s Light ~ soft & gorgeous!
Below is a look at some of my favorite photos from over the years…
Our babies… Joseph Parker & Madelyn Jane
Thanks for visiting!
I look forward to meeting you and capturing some memories for your family or at your next event!